Thursday, January 7, 2010

Colley Family Portraits

A couple of weeks before Christmas I got together with the Colley family for a portrait session. Erin had the fantastic idea of making photo albums for her family for Christmas. (the PERFECT gift -- if you ask me. ;) Anyway, I had so much fun with all of them! I don't think I've laughed that hard during a shoot in a really long time. Her Mimi was just adorable. I just love grandparents. Maybe its because I only have one grandmother (my mom's mom) that I really know. My dad's dad left when he was little, My mom's dad passed away before I was born and I only remember seeing my Dad's mom a handful of times before she passed away a couple of years ago. I just think extended family is so important! Bigger the better, right?
Back to the session -- It was cold (well, not AS cold as its been the last couple of days!!) but definitely one of the first cold days of the winter and they were great sports during their hour long session. After meeting Erin's parents, I can definitely see where she gets her amazing personality. Erin is so fun-loving, caring and funny - and so are her parents!
There is something just so special about a family that is as close as they are. As I edited the photos from this day I found myself slightly jealous. I don't think I could pay my older brothers (or my dad for that matter) to do an hour long photo session with the family. BUT as I mentioned in my last post, I still plan on trying to make that happen. :)
A very special thanks to the Colley Fam (& especially Erin) for such a fun day! I truly enjoyed it.

How I love this job!
~Suzie
















2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Those are soooo great!!! I love all the poses! Very cute! What were they spelling with their arms in that one shot? I'm already looking forward to our's next Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-H-I-O, Amy :) Colleys = diehard Buckeyes fans!

    Great pictures of a great family!

    ReplyDelete