Sunday, December 20, 2009

Derek & Mackenzie

I have been photographing engaged couples for about 5 years now and Its seriously one of my favorite things to do. Its an important part of my pre-wedding preparation. I want the couples to get used to me and to be comfortable around the camera. I've always thought that engagement photos were important but it wasn't until my own wedding, a few years back, that I realized just how important they really are! I look back on our engagement photos (well, they are pretty much plastered all over the house so there really isn't much "looking back" involved! ha) and I remember the day. Just being able to spend a couple of hours with your soon-to-be husband, walking around, holding hands, laughing and having it all caught on camera. Its priceless stuff. Now, I have the pleasure of capturing these moments for other couples. I find pure joy in preserving those memories that are over in a split second ! Some people have wondered why I named my company Split Second. When they first hear the name they often wonder --but I truly feel that once my clients see the images from their special day...they just know.

Enjoy these photos from Mackenzie & Derek's Engagement session. It is almost "crunch time" for them. What a special time!! I know they will look back on these photos for many years to come and be thankful that this day was captured in still images.

How I love this job!
~Suzie

















1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love them all!! The special effects turned out really cool, and I really like the collage, too!!

    ReplyDelete